A Hawaiian Wedding

It has been four years since I have left Hawaii.  What I long for are the Koolau mountains.  On some mornings after it rains, there are waterfalls in all the crevices.  It's absolutely breathtaking. 

 Image Credit: City Data

In the early morning light, the mountain greenery becomes bathed in a soft gold.

Image Credit: Advanced Technology Associates Hawaii

When DH asked me to marry him I knew I wanted to have our ceremony and reception in full view of these beautiful mountains with the ocean in the distance.

Having an outdoor wedding on the Eastern side of Oahu is a gamble.  Rain clouds tend to linger on this side of the island.  The month of my wedding it rained for weeks but on my wedding day God blessed me with gorgeous weather as you can see below.



We had our wedding reception at the Koolau Country Club in the Glass Ballroom.  There are many beautiful reception sites on Oahu but none offer the view of the mountains in the background.  

Blush pink roses are my favorite flower and soft champagne gold reminds me of the early morning light over the Koolau mountains.  These are the two colors I chose for our wedding.  (I count myself very lucky that DH didn't mind having such a feminine color scheme for our wedding.)


While I didn't originally plan on having a summer wedding once we set it for that season I wanted to set the date on or around Midsummer's Eve.  I wanted a true fairytale wedding filled with romance and a little magic.


 To celebrate our anniversary this month, I will be adding a new feature to my blog celebrating weddings. 

Comments

  1. Hawaii Weddings: it is very lovely place for the getting wedding very shiny and cool climate, how can we forgot the island.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

It makes my day to hear from you! If you happen to start following me, please let me know so I can follow you back :)

Popular Posts