Reflection


After having spent a few months away from blogging, I can say that the break was good and necessary.  Since becoming a stay-at-home-mom, I dove right into blogging to give me a creative outlet.  Unfortunately, it began to take away from the purposes that God has for me in this season of my life.  


If you aren't familiar with the story of Jacob and Esau in the bible, I'll give you a synopsis.  Esau was the older brother who, after a day of hunting, was famished.  His younger brother Jacob offered Esau a bowl of lentil soup in exchange for his birthright.  Esau gave in without thinking about the future consequences.  


From an outsider's perspective, Esau made a terribly rash and foolish choice.  However, it should serve as a warning for anyone who chooses to satisfy their fleshly desires in place of what you know to be God's will for you.  What is your bowl of soup?  For some it's extramarital affairs.  For others, it's drugs or alcohol.  For me, it's procrastinating what I should be doing by being online.  As in the words of Charles Stanley, "Some of the decisions we make today could rob us of the blessings God wants to give us.  When you yield to temptation in a moment of weakness, you're actually sacrificing your future for momentary pleasure.  We cannot afford to live thoughtlessly, basing our decisions on immediately desires or feelings...Are you contemplating anything that could have serious long-term ramifications if you yield to the yearning?  A wise person evaluates choices by looking ahead to see what negative consequences could follow a course of action.  Don't let a 'bowl of soup' hinder God's wonderful plans for you."


Blogging cannot be a daily activity for me.  I should not be spending most of my day surfing the net, reading blogs, editing my own blog or pinning on Pinterest.  There is work for me to do!  Blogging can be part of my life but I must be careful that it doesn't become my life.  With that said, I've missed you all!  While I cannot commit to regular postings throughout the week like I used to, I am glad to be back :)

Comments

  1. I'm glad you are back and fully understand the need to prioritize per God's will in your life. Being a wife and mother is THE greatest vocation a woman can have, enjoy the life God has graced you.
    Have a great day,
    Always, Queenie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! I think it is really admirable for you to post this. I think many don't realize just how much they spend online. It can become too much. As a mom too, there is always other work to do for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello there! I see you came by my Etsy shop and I wanted to thank you! LOVELY BLOG! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  4. so glad to see you back also! as a retired homeschool mom, i know how crucial our ministry of motherhood is! good for you! i always enjoy the images you find and share here. i'll still be watching for them, whenever you find the time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is interesting that you brought up the subject of Jacob and Esau. I had been thinking along similar lines. In regard to material wealth and being involved in buying and selling things as an investment. But if the investments take away from time being with a person's spouse or family, there is no eternal value in the project, only a temporal value that fades away. The same conclusion you came to with blogging and spending more time with your loved ones instead. It's all about the choices we make.
    Thank you for this post...it's a confirmation of what I totally believe to be true!
    Have a blessed week!
    Teresa in California

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for your sweet and understanding comments. There are other areas that God is showing me that I need to be more disciplined in. The second biggest area is my spending on holiday goodies! It ties in with the time I spend online because I become tempted with all the beautiful decorations and crafts. Easter, Halloween and Christmas. Yikes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

It makes my day to hear from you! If you happen to start following me, please let me know so I can follow you back :)

Popular Posts