Welcome Fall!

The weather is geting cooler and the leaves are just beginning to turn color.  I have been dreaming of the Fall season and now it's here!  Here are some of the Fall activities that I am looking forward to.

1.  Apple picking at Green Acre Farms

2.  After apple picking, I plan on making this beautiful apple honey challah!  
Tori, The Shiksa in the Kitchen, makes some of the most beautiful challahs that I've ever seen.  What I also love about her blog is she gives very detailed step-by-step instructions on how to braid these beautiful breads. 


3.  Caramel Apples

4.  Caramel Glazed Honey Crisp Apple Bread

5.  Pumpkin Patch Stokoe Farms
This is my favorite farm to go to when we get our Christmas tree.  The aroma of apple cider donuts wafts through the air as you walk around and you can't help but get a few!  I haven't been there for their pumpkins but plan on it this year.  The pumpkin season starts Sept 22 and runs through till Oct 28th.  Stokoe Farms are only open during the weekends (unless you call to make an appt for a weekday group visit) from 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.  They have corn mazes, wagon rides, a petting zoo for the little kids and a pumpkin launcher.  


6.  Apple Cider Donuts
 Martha Stewart

7. Rainbow Falls at Watkins Glen 

I also plan on having my little one play in a pile of leaves and maybe having a little harvest party with the neighborhood kids.  What do you enjoy doing around this time of year?

Comments

Popular Posts