French Colonial Kitchen

French Colonial Kitchen by Colonial Craft Kitchen, INC
Featured on Houzz


My husband and I will finally be in the financial position to own a home within 12 months.  Now when I look at designs in magazines, Pinterest or elsewhere online for inspiration I am taking mental notes of what I love so I can incorporate it into my home.

This kitchen has 10 foot ceilings, uses Madura Gold granite for the counter tops, limestone flooring and an armoire to hide the refrigerator.  I love the arches, crown molding and how light the kitchen is.  If I were to design a kitchen using this as an inspiration, I would change the flooring and the granite to something a little darker (scroll down to see a similar kitchen featured on trendsideas.com).  Other than that, this is what my dream kitchen would look like!
 

Here is another kitchen featured on trendsideas.com done very similarly though with darker counter tops and flooring.  Scroll down for the credits.




Kitchen designer : Maureen O'Neill, Abruzzo Kitchens (Schaumburg, IL)
Interior designer : K-Haus Interiors
Builder : Castle Rock Construction
Kitchen manufacturer : Wood-Mode Custom Cabinetry
Cabinetry : Perimeter cabinetry – maple in vintage white; island – cherry matte fireside with black glaze; door style – Grand Tour
Countertops : Golden Beach granite with French ogee edge, from Castle Rock Construction
Flooring : Brazilian cherry
Doors : Fine Woodwork
Windows : Andersen high-performance, low-E, sandstone-clad, from Konsler
Wallcoverings : Quincy Tan by Benjamin Moore
Lighting : Schonbek
Backsplash : Honed travertine with bronze inserts; niche Naples recycled glass mosaic with glazed amber molding, from The Fine Line
Kitchen sink : Undertone stainless steel by Kohler
Faucets : Perrin & Rowe; satin nickel by Rohl
Oven : Thermador
Range : Thermador Dual Fuel
Ventilation : Viking built-in
Microwave : Thermador built-in
Wine cooler : Sub-Zero
Dishwashers : Bosch; Fisher & Paykel
Waste disposal : InSinkErator
Story by Charles Moxham
Photography by Eric Hausman

Comments

  1. Both kitchens are beath taking. I've always wanted a white kitchen. So glad you are able to have a dream kitchen!
    Have a great day.
    Always, Queenie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Queenie! I don't know that I'll have this exact same kitchen but one can dream :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That all looks fabulous.I LOVE this collection. May has been going from strength to strength, I loved lots of things from their last collection too!kitchen Granite Countertops Rochester



    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

It makes my day to hear from you! If you happen to start following me, please let me know so I can follow you back :)

Popular Posts