Happy Fourth of July! (And easy ice cream cake!)


Happy Fourth of July! I hope you are all having a wonderful holiday. I have seen quite a number of beautiful Fourth of July tablescapes and always wanted to create one of my own. After seeing these wine goblets at Pier 1 Imports, I quickly became inspired.



What I especially love about this table is the fact that I didn't purchase any special dinner plates for the set up. You all must know how dishes can take up a lot of space especially if you love different tablescapes for each holiday. I'm so excited that these are just my regular day-to-day white dinner plates. I've had them for so long I'm not even sure where I got them.


Since the temperature has been in the 90s these past few days, I wanted a dessert that would help keep us cool. So, here is a variation of this ice cream dessert that you can easily whip up with just some oreos, whipped cream and ice cream.


I dipped the ice sandwiches in colored sanding sugar, used some star sprinkles on top and fresh berries. I layered vanilla and strawberry ice cream in the center. Other than that, the recipe is pretty much the same as in this video.


Will be sharing on Between Naps on the Porch!

Resources: 
Hobby Lobby: Placemats, table runner, cutlery
Pier 1 Imports: Wine goblets
World Market: Red, white and blue napkins
Michaels: Galvanized tin chargers
SaveSave

Comments

Popular Posts